Discord: Click to join
This is a tool for powerful automation of OS X. At its core, Hammerspoon is just a bridge between the operating system and a Lua scripting engine.
What gives Hammerspoon its power is a set of extensions that expose specific pieces of system functionality, to the user. With these, you can write Lua scripts to control many aspects of your OS X environment.
- Download the latest release
brew install hammerspoon --cask
Out of the box, Hammerspoon does nothing - you will need to create
~/.hammerspoon/init.lua and fill it with useful code. There are several resources which can help you:
- Getting Started Guide
- API docs
- Sample Configurations supplied by various users
- Contribution Guide for developers looking to get involved
- An IRC channel for general chat/support/development (#hammerspoon on Libera)
- Google Group for support
Hammerspoon is a fork of Mjolnir by Steven Degutis. Mjolnir aims to be a very minimal application, with its extensions hosted externally and managed using a Lua package manager. We wanted to provide a more integrated experience.
Our intentions for Hammerspoon broadly fall into these categories:
- Ever wider coverage of system APIs in Extensions
- Tighter integration between extensions
- Smoother user experience